Find International Tourist Bureau (Train Ticket Booking) in New Delhi
International Tourist Bureau in New Delhi train station is a place where tourists can buy advance train tickets. It is tucked away in a dark corner on the first floor and there is relatively little signage so finding it after entering the building from the “wrong” side is quite tricky. To make it even more stressful you have to be aware of “railway staff members” telling you the office has been moved, is being repaired or is closed and kindly offering their “help” which is likely to result in you overpaying for tickets or even getting fake ones.
For this reason I have put a little guide to assist you with finding this important place. This is how you do it:
- Enter the station using the front gate.
- Walk along the entrance road until you see the main entrance to the station.
- The first sign referring to International Tourist Bureau is on the right hand side.
- Enter the building here and look for the red “Lift” sign on the right.
- You will see the second sign here.
- Go up the stairs.
- Turn right and walk along the corridor.
- International tourist bureau is on your left.
Once you get there grab yourself a couple of travel forms – you’ll need one per journey. It is a good idea to have your own pen, passport and enough money to pay for your tickets.
It can get really busy during mid-day so it’s better to come to buy your tickets early in the morning when the office opens (at 8am) or after sunset when most of the tourists are back in their hotels. Just be careful wondering around the city at night. The office closes at 10pm.
Hope this helps!
Information accurate as of 22 October 2018.